The Eye

It's funny how the only time that I get to blog is when I am on medical leave. I woke up with a red and swollen eye today, hence I decided to call in sick for fear that I had contracted an eye infection.

To my surprise and utter relief, my GP said it's only an allergic reaction. I wonder how accurate his diagnosis is, but thus far, he has never quite failed me. We'll just have to see how it goes.

I'm feeling quite spent now, after receiving a barrage of smses and telephone calls this morning from various parties. It's only when I am away from office that I realize how many phone calls and requests I receive each day. It's appalling. Both my telephones (DID & mobile phone) are perpetually ringing throughout the day. My e-mail mailbox always exceeds the mailbox size limit and my day is constantly packed with meetings and presentations.

I am petrified. Can you imagine how many missed calls and smses I would receive when I go on my honeymoon (I'm planning for 3 weeks)? Yet strangely enough, I still enjoy doing what I do. Very much in fact.

I have to thank my lucky stars, but more importantly, I really have to thank the friend who referred me. :)

********
Edited to add:

Ugh..thanks to my eye, I missed a ride in one of Singapore Flyer's private capsules plus a sumptuous spread at Seafood Paradise. Darn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment