Batam

This is a really backdated post. We had a corporate retreat at Batam a week after I came back from the Middle East. As I was still suffering from fatigue then (it's back again now!!), it was a well-deserved break for me. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort, which had huge rooms similar to that of service apartments. The rooms looked a little shabby though and I think it's probably time they did some refurbishments.

What I really liked about the hotel was the massage. Though it wasn't dirt cheap (my hair spa and head massage cost me about SGD100), the tranquil resort surroundings and massage expertise made it all worthwhile. Sometimes, we just need a little pampering to feel all better again. :) When all else fails, a little retail therapy and a bitching session with fellow colleagues would help too!

Besides our workplan presentation and massage, karaoke and ping-pong were some of the activities that kept us busy for the 2 days. The sedentary me refused to partake in other sports such as go-karting and water sports ( I can't swim!). It is a miracle how I managed to achieve the Gold standard for my physical fitness tests in the past.

Would I go back again? I guess I would, but I'll probably try out a different resort.

I can't get enough of head massages, which also explains why I have been going to salons for their wash & blow service recently.:P


Back to work now! :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment