When the Good and Bad Collide

In a short span of about 1.5 months, I have experienced moments of unadulterated bliss juxtaposed with periods of despondency. I feel like I have been sent to heaven, then to hell, and finally back again to earth.

Moments of Bliss
The boy proposed on 11 June 07. He caught me by surprise because I never expected wedding bells to come ringing so soon. Until now, everything still seems so surreal. We went to Seletar Flying Club for dinner that day. As he was driving out of the winding roads leading back to civilisation, he made an abrupt turn into a secluded corner of Seletar before stopping the car. He took out a black cloth and proceeded to blindfold me. I was told to wait in the car for a minute.

At that moment..two thoughts came into my mind:

1) My bf wants to kidnap me (but I decided that wasn't quite rational, so I dismissed that thought.)

2) My bf wants to do something special, like maybe propose to me?? (It wasn't my birthday, neither was it his, and it wasn't our yearly anniversary either..so from there, I deduced that it had to be a marriage proposal)

Minutes later, the boy opened the door and led me to a niao3 bu4 shen1 dan4 place. There and then, my blindfold came off. I was pleasantly surprised to see a pavement li
ned with fire sparklers and delicate rose petals. At the end of the pavement lay a row of cut-out letters, glowing beautifully in the dark. They formed the words "Will you marry me?".

Needless to say, I said yes.


As if a diamond ring wasn't enough, the boy showered me with another gift on the day of our 7th year anniversary. I wanted to buy it for myself before the GST hike, but he beat me to it.

My precious new tiffany choker:

I bought him something useful..a hydration pack for his upcoming climbing trip to Ceuse, France. Wanted to get him a sleeping bag too. I never knew that there are different types of sleeping bags..the normal type and another type for cold weather. Talk about ignorance Haha.

Just take one look at me and you know I'm not the camping sort, but I'm supportive of what my other half does in his free time provided he doesn't hurt himself. Actually, I wish I could go too, even if it means I'll just be staring at the green pastures, mountains and rocks. I've had quite enough of shopping and the bustling city. I hardly shop nowadays - the boy can attest to that.


Before I forget, I also got to catch a preview of NDP 2007 on the new floating platform! :)


Periods of despondency
The reason why I have been neglecting this blog for such a long time is because work is killing me. It is so bad I've fallen very sick thrice in just 1.5 months. I guess it's a sign that I hate what I'm doing, and that I should get out of this mess in the nick of time. Just take this week for instance..I've been on MC for 4 freaking days. Now that's a record-breaker for me!

I've never been so sick in my entire life.I couldn't even get out of bed for 2 full days. I felt out of balance every time I attempted to sit up or stand up, even if it was for a mere 5 minutes. I couldn't eat at all for 2 whole days, so all I did was sleep.


Though it has never been in my nature to quit when the going gets tough, I don't wanna risk losing my health over some extra monies (although I must admit the money is real good). After all, my monies will ultimately fall into the hands of the doctors if something unforeseen happens to me. Suffice to say, this 4-day MC scare has frightened the daylights out of me.


I've had enough. And. I. Am. Going. To. Quit.


Say goodbye to my monies and hello to days of idllyic pleasures.


Nope, I am not going to be a tai tai. I just need some time to recharge and find myself again.


As for money..I believe I'll find a way to get it. :) Anyone has freelance jobs to intro me in the mean time?:P

0 comments:

Post a Comment