Number Fifty & Wild Honey

Mandarin Gallery has become one of my favourite places to chill out, shop and basically just to get some peace and quiet. Although it's located right smack in the heart of the city, this is one of the rare malls that offers a confluence of exclusivity, accessibility and tranquility.

While it counts some strange shops such as a huge Denni boutique (yes, the jewellery brand that you find in all departmental stores) as its tenants, you can definitely find hidden gems here!

One of the gems that we uncovered was Number Fifty. The shop brings in unique apparel from French designers Deja Fan and Manoush as well as Thai labels such as Soda and Tutti. The items are reasonably priced too. I've never picked up anything that was above S$250.

This photo marked our first shopping spree at Number 50. I think this photo was taken some time in April or May? *All photos in this post are courtesy of Karen by the way :)*

Since then, I have made another 2 trips to the store, spent a fortune and became a proud member who is now entitled to 10% discount storewide.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, really. :P


After shopping, we made our way to Wild Honey, a restaurant that offers all day breakfast. Remember my addiction to all day breakfast? I thought it was just a phase, but it has been about 2-3 months now and I still enjoy eating breakfast at all times of the day.


The menu items are written on two large chalk boards. They even have pictures of the items stored in an i-Phone at the counter to facilitate the ordering process. ;)


I can't remember what drink I had, but I know I really liked the beverages that we ordered!


Karen had The European - Eggs Benedict.


As for me, I always order the same dish - Tunisia. I love the mish-mash of runny eggs, tomatoes and spices.


And finally, here's what Jo had. I can't remember the name of the dish.

Jo, do you remember what you had? :P

Wild honey can be a little crowded, especially on weekends, but I love the warm and cozy atmosphere, complemented by dim lights against the red brick walls. The dainty test tube flower vases on the walls make great conversation pieces too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment