On Weddings and Marriage

I have been attending so many weddings lately. A sign of age, I know, but weddings are such joyful affairs they bring a smile to everyone's face.

Here are pics from YH's wedding in Jan at Halia Restaurant. We were so happy for her because she and her hubby have been maintaining a long-distance relationship for some time.







What I wore to a colleague's wedding at Grand Shanghai. Vintage grecian dress from Dustbunny Vintage. ;)

Make-up:


Weddings mark the beginning of a couple's journey into the next phase of their relationship. Before they embark on that journey, the wedding ceremony serves as a platform for the couple to profess their unwavering love and admiration for their significant other as well as thank their friends and family for their support.

Haven't you heard of friends complaining about what a hassle it is to plan the perfect wedding and somehow things never seem to go your way?


Well, perhaps you'll lighten up if you change your view of what a wedding means to you. While I don't deny that there were times when I had to crack my brains to come to a decision on which photographer to hire, or even silly things like what earrings go best with my gown, I thoroughly enjoyed the planning process.

To me, a wedding is but a means to an end and not an end in itself. After that fateful wedding day, you will have to wake up to the same person every morning for the rest of your life. Interestingly for me, the wedding preparations further affirmed that I chose the right person to spend my life with.

A marriage is a union, not just of two souls, but two families and their respective traditions. That was exactly what I witnessed during my wedding preparation. Thankfully, JW and I have an identical outlook to life. We generally share similar tastes, values and principles, hence everything worked out beautifully, but not without any conflicts too. There were definitely times when our views differed, but we talked things through and reached a compromise eventually.

What's most important than your wedding day is what happens after that, especially so in this day and age, where the media constantly reminds us that the sanctity of marriage has been violated, time and again. First, it was Tiger Woods. Now, Jack Neo has followed suit as well.

The success of a marriage is a factor of love, trust, forgiveness and more importantly, the ability to put yourself in your partner's shoes.

It also depends very much on the couple's will and perseverance to keep the romance alive in their relationship. ;) So go on and spring a little surprise on your partner today!


Here're some long over-due CNY photos taken with my in-laws:







CNY Dinner at Shangri-La Hotel



0 comments:

Post a Comment