[Circle lens review] Neo Glamour Gray

I'm addicted to the Neo glamours, I swear!

Small diameter, 3 tone lenses have always been my favourite - the big eyed "dolly" look does not go well with my face, I assure you. Small diameters are more comfortable for me, and don't give a freaky deaky look. Also, the blending of the 3 colours in Neo Glamours are so pretty and natural looking.

I know what the Neo Glamours are like in terms of size, comfort and wearability, but I've never tried a gray lens. Thanks, Eyecandys!



Eyecandys is one of the biggest and well known circle lens sites online. They've got an absolutely adorable store layout, it's the cutest (and most elegant) I've seen so far! It's easy to browse around and look for the circle lens design that you want. If you're new at circle lenses, have no fear - there's an information section for new lens wearers. I'd recommend giving it a peek.


On to the review!


Here's what I received - a pair of the Neo Glamour Gray lenses in a cute little "star" mesh sacky (uh, what do you call those things?). It also came with the cutest little lens case I've seen. Monkey case, whoop!


These 3D "Mio Friend" cases are really cute, and they come seperately and securely packaged. They also come with a little tweezer, which has been helpful for me. I don't really use tweezers to take out my lens from the actual case (admittedly, I use my clean fingers to do that - is that bad?) but they've been a lifesaver at taking out the lens from the vial. Those little suckers can stubbornly stick to the bottom of the vial!

Eyecandys is also randomly giving away these lens cases when you make a purchase! ARGH I WANT THE FROGGIE. T___T





Description of Neo Glamour Gray

These lenses give a "sweet and natural look". It's one of Neo Vision's bestsellers on Eyecandys, and there have been lots of people who are super happy with these.

Name: Glamour Gray
Brand: Neo
Origin: South Korea
Water content: 42%
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Base curve: 8.6
Life: 1 year (I do not recommend using any lenses for more than 3 months)

Colours avaliable (8): Gray, brown, hazel, honey, blue, aqua, violet, green
Price: Currently $29.60 [here]




Design

Y'all know that the Neo glamours are one of my favourites, the design is lovely and very, very natural looking. The lenses themselves aren't too big either, but do give a little wee bit of enlargement. The following design description is from my Glamour green review. 

This lens does have a pretty unique, interesting design. Instead of having a solid limbal ring like most circle lenses, they have jagged edges! These lines do look a lot more natural than a normal, solid limbal ring would. 

It begins with black/dark gray colour lines, and changes to an "icy" gray, then finishing off with a deep yellowy gold colour.





Pictures 


Up close, the lenses have almost a "blue" colour to them, instead of gray. But from further away, it definitely looks more gray than blue.

Really, how freaky do I look like with the "up stare" + no lashes? Tell me, hahaha. ("Indoor lightning" pictures of the worn lenses will be posted in the next few days, don't fret!)

Comparison, flash, window lighting



My thoughts

Store service was quick and nice, and I had the pleasure of talking to one of their employees, Chloe. As for shipping, it was pretty fast! I think I received these lenses within 2 weeks, and they were decently packaged (They came in an envelope, not a box).

Hum, I do like these lenses! As always, the Neo Glamour lenses are super comfortable - I honestly do not feel these in my eyes, and they don't irritate me in the least. The 42% water content is nice and comfortable, heh. I think I can wear these lenses for a good 6-7 hours before feeling anything. Inserting them in, wearing them, and taking them out - each "stage" of using these lenses was easy, simple and comfortable. No hassle dassle~

When I wore my green Glamours, I mentioned that sometimes the lens didn't "stick" to my eye, and moved around a bit. It kind of looked like a "halo" effect, but not as nice - it looked like a misplaced lens. This weird effect only lasted for a bit before returning to normal, and it wasn't a big deal.

But with the gray Glamours, I don't have this mini-problem whatsoever. It doesn't move around, and gives me no trouble at all.

As for design and colour - I do like it! I'm not too big of a fan of gray lenses because I don't think the colour looks as good on me, but it was alright. The colour payoff was good, and the lens colour covered my natural brown eyes excellently. The colour doesn't look too obvious from a distance - in my opinion, it looks really natural and gives a good "oomph" to your eyes. There's a slight, pretty change to the eyes.



Rating
Note: I don't give half marks - and I like random red "A"s. 

Colour: /5
Enlargement: /5
Comfort: /5
Overall rating: /5



Recommend?

If you're looking for a pair of lenses that are natural (in both colour and size), I'd highly recommend these lenses. They'll be perfect for a natural look! These lenses have made me love the Glamours all over again. Maybe when these expire ("Expire" means 3 months for me), I'll buy another exact pair! (I say "maybe", because I'm not yet sure if the other colours will blow me away and make me want to buy those, hah.)

If you're looking for a large size, "look at me" lenses, I wouldn't recommend these. They're not big, and offer little enlargement; and the colour is too natural to be used for standout, obvious lenses.



More pictures 

Here's some more pictures of the lenses in action! (Lighting again was a bit everywhere, please excuse.)





I'm holding an animal here, btw. Just incase you were wondering.
Hope you enjoyed the review!





What about you?
Have you tried the Glamours before? What do you think of the grays? Do you like "natural" lenses?

0 comments:

Post a Comment