[Review] Mizon - All in one snail repair cream

Using snail extract has been a huge hit in the (Asian) beauty world lately. Every single company seems to have their own line of snail slime for skin! I hadn't ever used any snail products before, so I was super happy that I got this chance, thanks to Jolse / iamloveshop.




First, let's take a little look at the store itself. Jolse is a very well known store on eBay (iamlove-shop)  - if you buy Korean cosmetics regularly, you may have seen their store selling your favourite products! They carry more than 4,000 "health and beauty" products in their store. Sponsored or not, I have never been disappointed with their service. 

Let's get on to the review!






Packaging 

The packaged box is pretty sturdy - the opening of the box also has the Mizon authentication sticker on it. It's slightly holographic and right on the opening. If the sticker is tampered (or if there is no sticker), don't use the product and be alert!

This is a skincare product best used at the "first step of skincare". It contains 92% snail extract, which has been known to provide the skin with numerous benefits. There's a whole slew of things that this cream claims to fix!

1. Excellent skin recovery strengthening (snail mucin recovers damaged skin and strengthens it for the future.
2. Fine wrinkle care 
3. Trouble marks care (fixes the reddish/dark sensitive trouble marks)
4 Widened pores (this product has beta-glucan, peptide and greentea extract)
5. Moisture and nutrition supplying (protects your skin from loss of hydration and nutrition.)
6. Protect your skin with external stimulatus (soothes sensitive skin)
7. Elastic skin (fills your skin up, makes you look more awake, and vitalizes your skin.)






The jar itself is heavy - I'm guessing it's made out of glass. It gives it an elegant, "expensive" feel to it, haha. It's not too travel friendly (you can always transfer a bit of product into a more portable jar, though)!



When you twist open the lid, there's a thin, white film covering the product in. This is a way to keep out dust or  bacteria (to a certain extent), as well as avoiding spills. 






Review

The cream is a soft, white colour. Even though it's marketed as a "cream", it doesn't feel as heavy as a cream. It's more a moisturizer/emulsion, but it's got a bit more moisturizing capabilities. 


I was surprised to feel that this "cream" does dry up pretty quickly. I was expecting something similar to Laneige's Water bank moisture cream, but I guess (in this aspect), it's just not the same! 


Scent: Admittedly, the smell of snail juice does make me a little queasy! But this product doesn't have a gross, "ew" smell.

There is slight, peculiar scent to it, but the smell does go away very, very quickly. I also didn't get any allergic reactions from using this cream, so the fragrance (if there is any) doesn't irritate me.


Price: currently $18.84 on Jolse.

Some stores sell this same product for almost $50. As good as it is, I would not recommend buying this product for more than $25. Why pay $50 when you can get it for $18.84, right?

Directions: At your first skin care step, apply roper amount of it to over face and let it be absorbed into your skin.

Application: As you can hopefully see, it's got a bit of a gel-feeling to it. It's quite liquidy, and spreads very easily to your entire face. It does dry up (or absorb), very quickly, so I constantly have this urge to put more and more onto my face.






Admittedly, I did think it was a waste to pick out this snail emulsion (before I had used it). I don't know why, but I really wanted some miracles to work with this thing! For some reason, I just thought that it wouldn't work for me as well as it did for other people.

I applied this cream at night, and basically shrugged to myself, telling me to use my Laneige creams the next night.

But when I woke up in the morning, I was taken aback! The redness on my skin had disappeared quite quickly, and I couldn't really see any redness on its usual spots (cheeks, nose, forehead, etc). When I touched my face, it did feel plumper! It's not as "skin-plumping" or moisturizing as Laneige's water bank moisture cream, but it does moisturize better than Laneige's water sleeping pack_ex.

I do think that this product was well worth the $20. I've tried many different products from other companies, some drugstore, many high end. However, cheap Korean cosmetics have always offered quality that often rivals high end makeup brands in the US. It's definitely worth the $20!

The morning after:


There was a lot of redness before, but I do strongly think that the Mizon all in one snail repair cream has helped a lot with this problem! Bravo!




Pros
- Affordable ($20 for a tub)
- Moisturizing
- Snail extract (trendy and popular to use!)
- Easy to find
- Excellent quality packaging (not travel friendly, though)
- Easy to find (most online stores sell this cream)



Cons
- Slight smell (in the beginning of application only)
- Does not come with spatula (big pet peeve!)


Repurchase?  
Even though this cream works excellently (a little more moisturizing than my beloved Lanegie Water Sleeping Pack_EX), I do think I want to venture further into the skincare world and try new things.

Yay, random pictures! (and they hold a hint on what an upcoming review will be about - can you guess what I'll be reviewing soon?)






What about you?
Have you tried this cream before? What kinds of cream do you use? Have you tried snail products before? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment