What do your dreams tell you?

 
Today's post is totally out of character for me because I usually write about my outfits, fashion, food and travels. But I've been getting strange dreams recently and I thought I should document one of my strangest ones. Do you get strange dreams too? 

By strange, I don't mean frightening and ominous dreams. On the contrary, my dreams are so silly and hilarious (bordering on retarded actually), JW takes every opportunity to poke fun at me. 

 I guess getting abused is part and parcel of marriage. -_-""

Anyway, you are about to read about my strangest and dumbest dream ever.

I dreamt that JW came into the bedroom one day and changed me into a cocoon. What sorcery is this?!


How he did that escaped me entirely. And why? I have no idea. I hate caterpillars by the way.

The only good thing about the dream was unlike this cute cartoon cocoon, I wasn't dangling on the branch. I was nestled comfortably under the sheets in the comfort of my bed.
 
I believe in Sigmund Freud's theory that dreams are a reflection of your greatest desires and fears. I definitely don't have a desire to be a caterpillar, but I am very afraid of caterpillars in real life, so I guess it is true that it is a manifestation of one my greatest fears.

 So anyway, after like 5 minutes or so (I'm talking nonsense cos I obviously can't remember haha), I became a caterpillar! JW wasn't there and I can't remember what I looked like but if I ever become a caterpillar, I want to be cute like this.



 Don't judge me.

After another 5 minutes, I started becoming bigger. At that point, JW walked into the bedroom and I exclaimed, "I am about to be a butterfly!!"

IKR, this butterfly is so me.

Just as I was looking forward to becoming a butterfly (I like butterflies cos they're pretty creatures - don't judge meee..I know many of you feel the same!), I felt someone poking me on my shoulder, asking me to wake up. That was JW. 

So there, he completely shattered my dreams of becoming a butterfly. When I told him, he felt no remorse at all and instead, proceeded to laugh his head off. :S



Felicia shared this dreams interpretation website with me and it has proven to be accurate for her thus far. If you're interested, the website is Dream Moods

I don't usually check out what my dreams mean because I don't remember them and even if I do, I just can't be bothered to because they are so insignificant.

This time, just for the fun of it, I decided to check out the meaning of my dream.

Dreaming of Butterflies:

To see a butterfly in your dream signifies longevity, creativity, romance, joy and spirituality. You may be experiencing a new way of thinking. Or you are undergoing some sort of transformation. Alternatively, a butterfly refers to your need to settle down. You are lacking focus in your life. You tend to be flighty and jump from one thing to another. Also consider the term "social butterfly" to describe someone who is popular and outgoing. Perhaps you need to be more outgoing.

Dreaming of Caterpillars:

To see a caterpillar in your dream signifies a stage in your own personal growth and development where you are on your way, but have not yet reached your goal.


So yes, aside from how stupid my dream sounds, the interpretation is pretty spot on. After losing two good friends last year, I have adopted a much more relaxed and positive attitude towards life. Things that used to bug me don't bug me anymore. I feel that I see things in a different light from before and am more caring to the people that I care about. There remain many areas that I can continue to improve on, hence it is true that I have not attained my spiritual goals. 

I want to be less selfish and more giving. I want to be less judgmental and more understanding. More importantly, I want to be able to put a smile on everyone's face everyday, and to be able to see the qualities in every individual as well as acknowledge how we all contribute to make this universe a better place in our own little ways.

I'm sorry that what was meant to be a funny post ended up on such a serious note instead, but thanks for reading nevertheless! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment