[Review] Laneige Deep Cleansing Oil Moisture

I haven't hid my love for Laneige. They have always impressed me, and I continue to repurchase my HG products as well as trying out new ones! Laneige's "Deep cleansing oil moisture" was one of these first-time purchases for me. This product is an oil based makeup remover!

To be honest, I'm not sure why I bought it. I was pretty happy (but bored) with my Sephora oil-based makeup remover, but I guess I felt like a change in my routine!

Let's jump into this review!



Description

"Dryness-free"
- Mild & thorough cleansing for clear and bright skin
- A moisture cleansing oil that quickly and gently removes heavy makeup leaving skin moist and purified
- The smooth, gel-like cleansing oil stays on the skin. May be used with wet hands!
- For normal to dry skin types 

As you can see, the bottle comes in a pump form - and there's 175 ml of product that you get! It does last a pretty long time. I've used it a couple times so far, and it doesn't look like its been used at all! It still looks like there's 100% product left... o___o


Product benefits: Skin-soothing witch hazel extracts and moisturizing plant-based squalane sooth fatigued skin and leaves it moist.
- Mild cleansing oil that is free of mineral oil! 
- "Dermatologic test and non-comedogenic (non clogging) test proved that it does not cause or worsen acne"

Price:
Ebay (cheapest): $33
Amazon (cheapest): $29
Laneige: $30





Directions

- Pump 3 times and gently massage onto face for about 1 minute to remove makeup and residues.
- Add a little bit of lukewarm water to melt the oil and wash off with lukewarm water. You may use foam cleansing if desired.
- May also be used with wet hands!
- The oil retains its cleansing property on wet hands for easier application and more convenient use.




My experience 

This is a good product. It works, it takes off your makeup 100%, it doesn't dry your skin out, etc. It does what it says it'll do. I have no problems with that! Below are some pictures of the product in action.

What a messy arm! Hehe~

1. Lancome 5 colour design eyeshadow palette (Bronze amour)
2. Lancome 5 colour design eyeshadow palette (Bronze amour)
3. Bobbi brown lip and cheek tint 
4. Tonymoly petite bunny gloss bar (#4 Apple)
5. Holika Holika jewel light eyeliner (Amber brown)
6. Holika Holika jewel light eyeliner (Pink topaz)
7. Holika Holika jewel light eyeliner (Black)
8. Dollywink liquid eyeliner (Black)
9. Etude house nymph aura pact (Natural beige)
10. Tonymoly backstage gel liner (#2 Brown)
11. Benefit tint (Posie tint)
12. Benefit sun beam
13. Benefit tint (Chacha tint)
14. Missha Perfect Cover BB cream (#23)
15. The Face Shop faceit auto gel liner (Brown)

Phew. That's a lot of stuff on my arm. 


The product is a clear colour (don't let the baby pink bottle fool you!), and it's pretty lightweight. It feel smooth on my skin. My Sephora oil cleanser (the "supreme" one in the green pump bottle) definitely feels heavier and "thicker" than this Laneige one. 



Different light
All that makeup gone! I do find that it removes makeup faster than my Sephora one! It's not hard to wash off, and does not leave an oily film over your skin! It removes the makeup 100%, even the waterproof ones. 

After use, the product really lives up to its claim and doesn't let my skin feel dry, tight or oily. (Y'know that feeling you get if you don't wash an oil cleanser off properly? I hate that!) I personally think it's a nice product to have, especially for people with normal to dry skin, as well as sensitive skin! 

I've used this product a couple of times now, enough to say that it does not break me out. I get no acne, no clogged pores, no whiteheads from using this product. That's pretty darn good! 

Now, to recap...





Pros 
- The nice packaging 
- Portable (it comes with a removable pump-lock) 
- No mineral oil
- Doesn't clog pores
- Doesn't dry out or irritate skin
- Completely removes makeup! 
- 1-2 pumps is enough for me. A little goes a long way with this remover (it recommends 3).


Cons
- Expensive
- Works as well as good, $10 removers (my Sephora one)


Repurchase? No. 
It works as well as my cheap, $10, oil based remover. Even though this product does work, is effective and live up to all of its claims, it's just way too much for my wallet. Why would I spend $30 on something that I can get for $10? (I can totally use that saved $20 on food hehe.)

If I were rich, I'd definitely buy this as my regular remover. But I'm not, so eh - Sephora brand for me!

I love Laneige, and may be their #1 fan. But sorry Laneige, this one I'd have to skip next time! T__T


Rating: 3/5 
2 points (I know, that's a lot of points) docked for the price. 





What about you? Have you used this cleanser before?
Would you spend $30+ on a oil based cleanser? (Or am I just crazy cheap? Ahaha)

0 comments:

Post a Comment