[Review] Tonymoly Green Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream

Haiiyaa!

I'm back with another review! After reviewing the Tonymoly Appletox honey cream, I was curious about the green apple (ahem, for the packaging really). It turns out that one random day, my brother felt super nice and decided to buy this apple for me. Nice, ain't he?
He's not usually that nice but whatevs, y'know.


Anyways, tada - here it is! This is Tonymoly's "Green Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream"!





Description 

This '3-in-1' multi peeling cream contains both unripened apple extract and papaya extract, which work to remove dead skin cells and manage impurities. In just one application, this cream delivers 3 functions - massage, moisture, and peeling.




"Contains green apple extract. Minerals such as (Mg, Fe) and Vitamins such as (A, E, B1, B6, C) 
maintain skin’s natural firmness and brightness. This is a highly effective exfoliator. AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) accelerates skin’s natural exfoliating process. Acid loosens the bind between the skin and the dead cell, which makes them easy to remove. This will soothe the outer skin to make is fresh and silky."



The green appletox comes (obviously) in an adorable, apple shaped tub. It doesn't have the extra leaf design that the red appletox has, but still - it's cute nevertheless! There is 80ml of product inside here, same as the red appletox.

No box was included with this purchase (it came on its own, bubble wrapped). And unlike the red appletox, this one did not come with a spatula. That's a "boo"!





The cream itself is white in colour, and isn't really "thick". It's quite easy to spread around, so it's easy to use. As for the smell - it's not as "heavenly" as the red appletox, but there's still a light, fresh, "unripe apple" fragrance to it.
It's not overwhelming and it doesn't give me allergic reactions. So that's good!



Size: The size of a real apple, just fuller around the edges. It contains 80ml of product inside.

Price: Approximately $9 on eBay.



Directions

1. After washing, apply a moderate amount all over your face. Avoid the lip and eye area.
2. Massage for 1-2 minutes, and wait another half minute.
3. Massage again (dead skin cells should be peeling off and visible at this point), and wash with warm water.


Application

Note: I didn't take a picture of the dead skin cells coming off my face, because... idk. I guess it looks better on the hand, yes? (Before/after face shots below)

I got a good dollop of the cream on my hand here. Wish it came with a spatula!




Massaging for a couple minutes - doop de doop.




I like to wait a bit longer than the 30 second mark - I personally find that the dead skin cells come off easier, quicker and less messier if I wait around 1-2 minutes.

Look! 





My thoughts + experience

I thought this was an useful product.

Other exfoliators (like St. Ives apricot scrub) just exfoliate with those little apricot beads, and you feel it scrub away at your skin. This Tonymoly apple, though, there wasn't any "scrubby" feeling or any harsh abrasions. I've got really sensitive skin sometimes, and this didn't hurt my face. (FYI, it's painless.) Even though you can't really feel anything, you can see the dead skin come off! Whoo!~ 

After using this product, my skin felt really soft. Baby butt soft. I like that.

-------

The downside, however... even though my face felt super smooth and soft, it didn't feel "fresh", or light. Because really - if a whole lot of dead skin was taken off my face, wouldn't I feel fresh faced, like my skin could breathe?
Hm... it didn't. Just felt normal. Meh.
(NOTE: If you like the "fresh" face feeling too, I'd recommend the Innisfree super volcanic clay mask. That is freeeeeesh.)

Below is Tonymoly's promo picture for this product. 



I will tell you right now - those are not accurate/realistic results. Sorry 'fo bustin' yo bubble. 

There is a slight brightening effect. (Obviously, not as crazy as the promo pic.)
Other than that - doesn't get rid of blackheads, acne, etc. 


Gets rid of dead skin, excess oil, softens, slightly brightens



How I use it

I just basically use this as a "pre" step before the actual skincare part. Meaning: I use this product only to make the effect of the other skincare products better and stronger.

Analogy: Y'know Yu-gi-oh? (The card game / old anime show)
Basically, I summon this "weak" appletox-monster and later morph/combine it with another monster... so that the final outcome (the fused monster) is better than the original appletox-monster. 

I would never ever use the "weak" appletox-monster alone in battle, and would never ever depend on the appletox-monster alone.


Omigod what did I just say. o____o
Ok whatever let's forget that.


Anyways. I don't think that this Appletox is good enough to use alone.
As in: "Scrub off my dead skin... and done!"= nono.

I use it to scrub off my dead skin, and then use products on top of that. Because you took off the layer of dead skin, products would absorb much easily into the skin now.
So after the Appletox, I use my essence, serum, cream, etc.

That being said - I think peeling creams like this are very useful. If you don't have a peeling cream like this yet, I'd recommend you to get one!



TL;DR: Useful, effective cream in getting rid of dead skin cells.
- Don't use it alone and think your skin will become amazing after using it by itself.
- Other products should be used after this to bring full use of the Appletox cream.



Pros
- Makes skin super soft and smooth
- Effectively gets rid of dead skin cells
- Cheap ($9)
- Slight brightening effect
- Gets rid of excess oil



Cons
- Doesn't get rid of blackheads/acne
- No spatula
- Not really portable



Recommend?
Yes, I'd recommend this product to anyone who doesn't have a peeling cream.
It's cheap! You can't really go wrong with $9. (And the packaging alone is loooovely.)



Repurchase?
Unless I find a cheaper peeling cream, I'll repurchase this.



What about you?

Have you used this product before?
What's your favourite Tonymoly product? 



Disclaimer: This product was not sponsored. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment