[Circle lens review] Neo Glamour Brown

Heyo!

Today's post will be on a circle lens! Y'all know how much I love the Neo Glamours - and today's post will be on the Neo Glamour Browns. I like natural looks, so yay brown! Thanks, Eyecandys~

I got another monkey case!
(Same picture used in Hazel review, wasn't necessary to take an identical one, y'know?)


Description



Here’s some more information about these lenses!

Name: Glamour Brown
Brand: Neo Vision
Origin: South Korea
Water content: 45%
Diameter: 14.2mm
Base curve: 8.6
Life: 1 year (I do not recommended using any lenses for 3+ months)

Colours available (8): hazel, brown, honey, gray, green, blue, aqua, violet

Price: Currently $29.60 [here]



Design 


The design is super pretty, as all Neo Glamours are. They're 3 toned, so the colours blend nicely together and give a natural, pretty look.

This lens does have a pretty unique, interesting design. Instead of having a solid limbal ring like most circle lenses, they have jagged edges! These lines do look a lot more natural than a normal, solid limbal ring would. 

These lenses start (outside to in) by a thin, black limbal ring and changes to a warm brown colour, finishing off with a orangey yellow. 



Pictures 




The picture below shows me wearing the lenses in different lightings; the first is in flash, then window light, and the last one indoor. 



I thought I'd have pictures here comparing the Glamour browns to the Glamour hazels. Before I had either lens, I was debating on getting either the Brown or the Hazel. On the site pictures, it was difficult to tell the difference between the two.

NOTE: I haven't posted the review for the Hazels just yet - it'll be posted next.
Eyeballs, yay! (Left-brown, Right-hazel)


My thoughts

I do really, really like this colour - the Glamour browns are pretty. I do think they're a bit too reddish for me. The hazels were super, vampy red; but the browns also have a tinge of red as well. However, I do like these better than the hazels (because they're more natural compared to them).

These lenses have a brown colour up close - but from further away, it really does have a hint of red that you can't miss. As pretty as it is, it's not natural enough for me to wear comfortably in public. Please take a look at the pictures on the bottom to see what I mean. (Again, I think I look like a vampire.)

 I'll happily wear these for a specific FOTD or for a post, though! The colour shows up very clearly, which I like! But for real-life wear? Hmm... maybe not.

Also... the comfort level on this particular lens seems to be different from my other Glamours. I have no idea why, but these aren't as comfy as my other ones. I can get maybe 3-4 hours in, before my eyes start feeling really dry. Sadly, this lens doesn't pass the comfort test! T___T

As always, these lenses really aren't meant for enlargement. They offer very little (if any) - so if you're specifically looking for a "big eyed" effect, these won't be a good choice!

= I like the lenses, but they're not as natural or comfortable as I'd like them to be. Sorry, Glamour Browns... but I probably won't be repurchasing you. T__T


Rating 
Note: I don't give half marks. 

Colour: /5
Enlargement: /5
Comfort: /5
Overall rating: /5


More pictures 




So that's it for today!




What about you?
Do you like the colour of these? Do you like the "vampire" eye colour?



----------------------------


Question: My Korean cosmetic reviews seem to be much popular than my circle lens reviews (though quite a few people still read/comment on lens reviews as well). 

But I was just curious - do you guys want me to continue reviewing lenses? Or should I completely stop lens reviews and focus on cosmetics? 

(If its decided not to post more lens reviews, I'll just post the remaining lens reviews I have and stop receiving new lenses for review).

0 comments:

Post a Comment