[Review] Missha M SUPER BLACK Brush Pen Liner

If you're reading this right now, I'm guessing you've tried (or heard of) the Dollywink liquid liners.

Today's review will be on a similar product! It's Missha's "M SUPER BLACK brush penliner". Have you ever used a pen liner like this?






Description 


Pictures taken from Missha.ca


Packaging - The product comes in beautiful, classy packaging. It's royal blue with gold letters and accents on it, really pretty! Other than the name of the product, the actual pen doesn't offer any information (expiration date, etc) - you'll have to get that from the box itself. The cap is surprising secure and tight, and opens and shuts with a spring to it.


Brush - As for the brush itself - it's quite thick (thicker than Dollywink's), but the fine tip at the end allows you to create a super thin liner look, if desired. It's flexible, but still offers ease when applying. I personally find regular liquid liners (not in pen/brush) super hard to apply because of the flimsy brush.


Colour - The colour itself is a dark, intense black.


*Important note - This product does not claim to be waterproof.


Size 
The liner has 0.6g of product. The pen is similar to Dollywink's size (12.8cm).


Price 
This product currently sells for $15.99 on Missha.ca


Swatches 

Thick and thin lines



Rub test!


I tried rubbing the top half of the liner off - but it barely moved. The skin around my hands got quite red after (thats how much force I used)! It's safe to say that this liner is solid, strong and won't rub off. Bravo!



Waterproof?

*Important - This product never claims to be waterproof. It instead claims that the "super black polymer provides long lasting benefits against water, sweat and sebum - unless rubbing it."

This is a product that contains "mild pigments for delicate eye area", and thus the eyeliner is easily removed by steeping and rubbing with water.


When I had running water over the swatch, it didn't move at all. It does live up to the claim that it's waterproof (unless rubbed). The times I wore it, it never rubbed off on me as well, and I have oily eyelids.


This is what happens when I swiped my wet hand (not too forcefully) 3-4 times. It's very easy to remove. It's safe to say that if you use a cotton pad or Q-tip to remove your liner, all the pigment will be easily removed.



My experience

I really believe that everyone should have at least 2 types of favourite liners - waterproof and non-waterproof. It's nice to have both for different days. You may need a solid, iron-like, waterproof liner for those days you know you'll get teary.

But for those days when you want to take off your makeup easily, with a wipe or some water; you'll need that other one.

However, I never really had a "HG" non-waterproof eyeliner before. This is because all the ones I tried were so... shoddy. Even if it wasn't waterproof, they'd completely fail the rub test.

SO YES. I have found my other HG liner! I'll wear this liner mostly in the fall/winter time, because I get insane allergies (hello, teary red eyes) in the spring/summer.

I really, really LOVE that this liner is so strong and stays on for the entire day with no flaking, etc. And at the end of the day, when I stumble home from a nightmare a late night lecture, I want my makeup off ASAP. No fiddling with oil-based removers, no extra nonsense like that. I want water + cotton pad = GONE. This liner offers me exactly that, and I love it dearly.

This is truly one of my favourite products from Missha! (And one of my most highly rated!)



Rating
Note: I don't give half marks. 

Color: /5
Price: /5
Quality: /5
Wearability and ease of use: /5

Overall rating: /5



Recommend? 

Yes, I would absolutely recommend this product - but this is for people who are looking for a non-waterproof, liquid eyeliner. I'd recommend anyone to have a non-waterproof, easily removable liner! The quality for price (for this product) is excellent; this is a quality liner. I paid a lot more for my past liners, so the $16 doesn't bother me much. Even dollywink eyeliners are more expensive than $16.
I'd strongly recommend this for anyone to try! Give it a try, and tell me how it goes! *u*

But if you're looking for a waterproof one; you're in the wrong place!

If you live in Toronto - an official "Missha" store just recently opened. They're currently still having promotions and lots of sales (I saw so many red tags when I went), so if I were you, drop on by! C:

If you live in elsewhere, Missha does have stores around the world - as well as online stores!




What about you?
Do you strictly use waterproof liners, or do you like "easily removable" ones? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment