[Review] Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (2013)

Hey guys!

I'm back with another "Innisfree" review today - this time, on one of their popular skincare products. It's called the "Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask".






If you've seen my past reviews on pore-related products, you've probably seen a close up of my pores (specifically on the nose). I have huge, congested pores on my nose, and the pores around my nose are also quite large.

As you can imagine, I've gone through many masks (both clay and sheet) and strips and gels and creams - all trying to fix this up. Kiehl's, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Holika Holika, I've used a variety of brands trying to get rid of this problem.
None have worked. 

I've basically given up. I probably wouldn't have tried another "pore care" mask if I hadn't been asked to review this.

I kid you not - I'm so glad I did.



Description

"It's more powerful than red clay and mud in terms of absorbing sebum. The micro 'multi-porous' structure of the volcanic clusters work to absorb the sebum inside your pores.
- Rare and pure ingredient from Jeju island
- Formulated from solidified lava caused by volcanic eruptions on Jeju
- Aborbs impurities and sebum deeply embedded within pores

- Tightens pores
- Removes sebum 
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Offers deep cleansing
- Enhances skin tone
- Provides cooling effects


This is a "7 free" product - this mask is free from:
1. Artificial fragrance
2. Artificial pigments 
3. Parabens 
4. Benzophenone
5. Ethanol 
6. Animal ingredients (ingredients taken from animals)
7. Mineral oil 

Packaging:
The 100ml comes in a little tub, and it does come with a box. No spatula was included. The tub is made of plastic, and it's quite small. I'd say it's pretty portable, because it's so tiny.







Size:
This product is apparently the "updated, 2013" version of the previous Innisfree clay masks. It comes in 2 different sizes - the 100ml, and the 200ml.

100ml comes in a tub (this one)
200ml comes in a large tube (pictured below with the tub)



Texture: 
When you twist open the lid, the clay mask is grey in colour. It has little beads as well, the volcanic pore clusters!

It's quite thick (but smooth) in texture, and easily spreads across the face. It's cold, and gives a cooling effect as well. After 10-15minutes, the mask hardens on your face but doesn't feel too stiff.






Scent: 
It has a volcanic-y smell - similar smell to the other "volcanic" skincare products I've tried. I personally like the scent because it smells fresh! You don't notice the smell when it hardens on your face.



Price:
- $15.88 on Jolse (100ml)
- $27.99 on Jolse (200ml)




Application

It was a thick clay mask, but I think it's definitely a lot easier to apply than Etude House's "Wonder Pore" white clay mask.

It feels cool and soothing on my skin, which I really like! When hardened (I leave it on for 15 minutes, instead of the recommended 10), it feels stiff but not uncomfortably stiff.



bam is this close enuff?
or dis?

So I leave it on for 15 min. These are the after pictures. (Below)
I'm breaking out, but I feel that after using this mask, some of the zits have gone away faster - and it definitely took care of cleaning my pores.







My thoughts + experience

Sometimes, I'm easy to please with makeup/cosmetics. If it's decent quality and I like the shade, I'll like it. It's a very different story for my skincare.

I am extremely picky with the products I use on my face. To be honest, the only skincare brands I've used (regularly) is Laneige and Shisedo. Even then, I pick out many of my Laneige/Shisedo products often and replace them with new products (same brand) every once in a while.

So it's a pretty big deal that I love this product so much! I've heard a lot of good things about Innisfree's skincare, but didn't know it was this good until now. The Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (SVPCM) is my go-to mask now.


Right after use, my skin feels very fresh and clean. It feels smooth, light and "breathable". Deep cleansing? Yes, it does.
The pores on my nose are very clean after using this. There is a huge difference between using this simple (no-pain) clay mask and a pore strip. See below.

"Before" picture of pores, "After" using a pore strip, "After" using Innisfree clay mask
There is a clear difference between using a pore strip, and using this pore clay mask. The pore strip removes the "peach fuzz" off my face. It removes some blackheads, but it is not effective enough. It only (partially, barely) gets rid of the junk you have.

The pore clay mask is different. It deep cleanses your pores. It gets rid of the deep, embedded pore-junk I have. It cleans it so well that I don't have a lot "pore-junk" even later. It really does cleanse my skin and make it fresh, preventing more congested pores.

----------------------------------------------------

Within the first 5 days of receiving it, I used it 3 times. That's a bit more than recommended, but I just couldn't let go of this thing. I saw a noticeable change in my closed comedones (acne bumps), and they either shrank or disappeared. In 5 days!!! WHAT? o___o I still have some closed comedones left, but I have no doubt that this will take care of them.

I'm actually kicking myself for not discovering this sooner.
I could've saved so much money, by not buying those useless Kiehl's / Neutrogena / C&C / Holika Holika mask packs... T_____T


I am a huge fan of this mask. 
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: It works well enough on its own - but I've actually been using it in conjunction with other specific "skincare routine steps". These steps are my ultimate "all kill" in skincare. It's noticeably changed my skin.
(My "all kill" skincare routine will be posted up soon, where this product plays a big part!)




Pros 
- Deep cleanses pores
- "7 free"
- Cleanses and tightens pores
- Exfoliates
- Makes skin softer
- Cooling effect
- Gets rid of my closed comedones (saw results after 5 days)
Pictures of this will be posted in the upcoming "all kill" skincare routine post


Cons 
- 100ml doesn't last too long (I went through this tub fast. If you like this, I really suggest getting the 200ml. It's cheaper for the amount!)



Tip:
Wash it off after 15 minutes - no longer. I once pushed the limit too hard (I dozed off before washing it off), and had it on my face for 30-45min. My skin wasn't too great the next day. It was a bit dry and even a little "flaky" in some areas.



Rating: 4/5
The 100ml specifically gets a 4/5 rating. It loses a star because of its size and price. For the 100ml, I do believe that it's a bit expensive (even though its amazing). It's just too small, that's all.

I'd suggest getting the 200ml, if you're looking for an even "price vs. size" match.



Repurchase? Yes. I have. 
After hitting the halfway mark on this 100ml tub, I knew it was amazing. I quickly ordered the 200ml tube. I love the tube version WAY better - it's easier to use, more hygienic, and better price! I will now be repurchasing the tube version (not the tub).





Thanks for reading, guys!





What about you?
Have you tried clay masks before? What works for your pores?



Note: This review is sponsored, but is 100% honest. My opinion cannot be bought. (Repurchase of 200ml tube was not sponsored.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment