SIA Cup at the Singapore Turf Club


Thanks to the Singapore Turf Club, I had the opportunity to attend the SIA Cup last month along with Karen, William and Hong Peng. As we could each invite a friend, it was wonderful to be able to share the excitement of this fun-filled signature event with good friends Sushi and JP, among other new faces.



Unlike the previous races that I attended, this was the first time that we got up close and personal with the horses.

We could almost reach out to touch the horses and it was absolutely fascinating to see these agile creatures sashay on the parade grounds, putting their best foot forward in their race attire like fashion models on the runway.

You could also tell if the horses were in tip-top shape from the way they trotted around the parade grounds. Some gave their handlers a hard time as they were all fired up and ready to charge (which is a good sign I believe!), while others appeared more docile and obedient. Lady luck was shining on me that night because I’ve never had much luck with horses but this time, I finally won!

Did I also mention that we had the good fortune of meeting Mediacorp celebrities Thomas Ong and Priscelia Chan ? There wasn’t much time for mingling but we certainly wasted no time when it came to taking photos with the stars.

And of course, we had to take pictures on the red carpet!

JP and me
Pretty ladies all in a row

Now for the guys.

Yu Hao, William, Zi Yuan and Hong Peng


We couldn't have left the lovely SQ air stewardesses out, could we?


Now, here's presenting to you the amazing lady who ensured that everything went like clockwork. Many many thanks to Jessie for inviting us to be part of this spectacular event!


Group photo before we called it a night!


My dress and lace pillbox hat for the night were from Dustbunny Vintage. In fact, Karen, Sushi and I were all dressed in Dustbunny Vintage dresses! I know I've said this for the umpteenth time, but Pia definitely has the most amazing dresses and accessories for every occasion!


0 comments:

Post a Comment