The Magic of Architecture

Close friends would know that I developed an interest in architecture and interior design after I did up my own home. I still pore over fashion magazines such as Cleo, Female and Vivi, especially when I'm at the hair salon (it's the only way to keep myself awake!), but nothing gets my attention the way my favourite interior design magazine Home & Decor does.

Recently, I made my way down to the URA centre for the "20 under 45: The next generation" exhibition. It is a showcase of famous works by young and talented architects in Singapore who have since made a name for themselves in the local and international arena.


I never realised that we had so many talented architects who are capable of creating beautiful buildings and transforming our cityscape into a magical work of art.

Many of them have international accolades to their names and wow, I must say their works definitely do not pale in comparison to their contemporaries in the western world. Some of the more interesting works that caught my eye include the origami house by Formwerkz Architects, (above) inspired by origami planes and the Stadium MRT station (below right). Who would have thought that such amazing architecture existed on our tiny island?

Besides these state-of-the-art designs, there is also a myriad of conserved buildings and shophouses in Singapore that add spice and character to the overall city scape. I promise you'll see more of these buildings in my following post.

Finally, here's what I wore to the exhibition. This lovely grecian-inspired maxi dress was a gift from ClubCouture. I'm very honoured that ClubCouture has invited me on board their ClubCouture Ambassador 2011 programme. I'll talk more about that soon, and you can be sure that there will be more goodies from ClubCouture coming your way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment